Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

If I can, Teresa can, Nello can too!

We had some great weather this weekend, and boaters everywhere enjoyed one last ride on the river, present blogger included. What I did not enjoy was the throbbing back pain that came after Nello hit waves at 50 miles an hour. Nello was feeling a little guilty about my pain and offered to make dinner 4 times this week!! I'll give you all some time to pick your chins up from the floor............................................. Ok, that should be enough time.
 Well, with a little help from me, and Teresa Giudice's Skinny Italian cookbook he had some recipes in mind and a grocery list! This cookbook is awesome. Authentic Italian recipe's, with minimal ingredients, and great flavor. If Nello can cook from it, anyone can! Number one on Nello's list was the steak pizzaiola. Think pan fried steak, with onions, garlic, and tomato snuggled nicely on top..AMMMMAAAZZZIIINNGG.. He did such a great job! The steak was perfectly cooked! He picked tomatoes from our garden, he seeded, diced, minced, all kinds of things, all on his own! I was seriously impressed. He also served some roasted potatos with his meal.  The boy can cook, and I think it's something I might make him do regularly... I'm sure he will love this idea.. He even did the dishes folks... The rest of this weeks menu includes, skinny snapper(another Teresa Giudice recipe), and roasted chicken with brown rice... You may be wondering where the fourth meal he promised is??? We had pizza tonight, lol..
Still, kudos to my man, and ladies, he is available for a price..




The only person unhappy with the meal was Michael.. Of course, he prepared his own fav that night, salami and cheese on white bread with yellow mustard. A true culinary genius this kid. Although, I must say, he understands the art of presentation.. (see his umbrella flare)

No comments:

Post a Comment