Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Don't call it a comeback

I have absolutely no good reason for not posting in a year besides the fact that life just got in the way. After not posting for so long it just seemed silly to come back. THEN, I enrolled in college and was told I had to write in a journal nightly! I figure this is just as good as a journal and at least I get to talk about something of interest to me. Maybe professor Duffany will give me extra credit for my baked goods, if not, at least I'll be practicing some type of descriptive writing.


Tomorrow is Kate's birthday. Kate likes cupcakes, the Red Sox, Starbucks, and puppies, how could we NOT be friends?? Well, one of Kate's clients went ahead and bought her cupcakes from a store!! The nerve of some people! So my tradition of birthday cupcakes went out the window, and came back in as cookies. Ironically, Kate and I just made smores on our electric stoves on the same night, at two totally different locations(  a little WT I know so I have provided you this digital image to prove we are not). So birthday smores cookies it is!


I attempted these a different way then my traditional recipe. I saw a cookie show try them with Fluff in the middle and just a small chunk of Hershey's on top. They then sprinkled graham cracker crumbs on top of that. This way ended up tasting better, the fluff was gooey and the crumbs added that extra texture that I was looking for. But MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS they were messy! I think I might have pulled a muscle in my thumb squeezing the scooper over and over and over again, trying to release that stupid fluff! So back to traditional.

What am I supposed to do with all these leftover marshmallows???? HMMMM, Rice Krispie treats? Great idea, but not enough Rice Krispies. OH, but wait, I have Fruity Pebbles!! Even better idea, but not enough of those either. Here is where my college education is paying off, I combined them for one amazing marshmallow treat! Genius, I know!


I had a giant bag of Reese's Pieces on hand too. Why, because I have giant bags of candy all over the house. I am single handedly keeping Weight Watchers in business. So, instead of finding my husband on the couch around midnight with that bag of Reese's and an Xbox controller, I made another cookie.
If you guessed I made Reese's Pieces cookies, you are amazing. They were actually better then the smores. Usually the things I do on a whim are better, I just have that kind of luck.

Well folks, whether you missed me or not you can thank Professor Duffany for my comeback, and LL Cool J for my catchy title. 



This has nothing to do with this post but it was in with my pics of Kate and seriously how funny does Brian look here?


 S"MORES COOKIES
From Make and Bake via Handle the Heat

* 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
*1 cup graham cracker crumbs
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 teaspoon salt
*pinch of cinnamon
*1 cup butter(2 sticks) at room temperature
*3/4 cup sugar
*3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*2 eggs
* 2 cups mini milk chocolate chips
*1 1/2 cups mini marshmellows
* 2 Hershey bars, chopped


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and dash of cinnamon. With an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from oven. Push 3-4 marshmallows and a few pieces of Hershey bars into each cookie.( I drop a gazillion, hey, its better that way) Return the cookies to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes( I did 2) or until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temp for 3-4 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment