Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Sort of what I picture heaven like, bright, pretty, and lots of good things to eat"

It is oppressively hot outside! I'm not even sure the term oppressive can even explain this heat. When I got out of my car I thought for sure my pants were going to ignite into a fiery inferno. In an effort to assist you with your weekend plans,  I have uploaded the local five day forecast here:

There are few things that are helpful on a HOT day like this. If you are thinking of the pool, save yourself the time and take a warm bath instead. If you are thinking of the beach, save yourself the time and stand in a frying pan. The sand will be so hot you will burn your feet and ruin your entire day.
 Here are my picks for cooling off:

A GIANT iced tea. Starbucks trenta iced passion tea is a perfect choice for cooling off and this ginormous cup(30 oz.)will last you a year. More like a day, but maybe a year if you are frugal.

My second choice, A cool, crisp glass of Pinot Grigio. I recommend you throw some slices of peaches, nectarines, cherries, and grapes in, but still good without them. I also recommend you enjoy it with Vanessa's monkey, he is a solid drinking partner.
Third choice, frozen margaritas. Nikko and Erica are enjoying a $4.00 one at Chili's. I however would make my own, and add some watermelon, but we all can't be Martha Stewart.
Next up, some Pinkberry. I could live on Pinkberry. I know this is a BIG statement for an eater like me but,  with the amount of toppings and rotating flavors you really can have something different everyday. My choice is original flavor topped with honey drizzle, Fruity Pebbles, and Capn' Crunch. But,(sorry Professor Duffany for the But at the start of my sentence) if you are not trying to boost your stock in Weight Watchers they have all sorts of fresh fruits, nuts, granola, and non-sugary(is that a word?) cereals. They also have assorted candies and shaved chocolates. Pinkberry is kind of what I picture heaven like, bright, pretty, and lots of good things to eat.
Lastly, if you are like my best pal Chunk just cozy up in the AC(air conditioning, not Atlantic City) and sleep the heat away.


Hopefully you will all survive this mini heat wave and make it to the cooler temps of the weekend. Stay tuned for my weekend adventures, "Tracy's first night out" and "Jenny I got your birthday cupcakes".








WATERMELON MARGARITAS
via Cooking Light, adapted by yours truly

*2 teaspoons sugar
*1 lime wedge
*3 1/2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
*1/2 cup tequila(more like one cup if you are like me)
*2 tablespoons sugar
*watermelon flavored pop rocks(see recipe below)
*3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
*1 tablespoon Triple Sec
*crushed ice(or watermelon cubes, see below)
*lime wedges or watermelon cubes are optional.


Place 2 teaspoons sugar in a saucer .Rub the rims of 6 glasses with 1lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat.( I use pop rocks, I like to freak out the people I have over, it's kind of funny)Set prepared glasses aside. Combine melon and next four ingredients(through liquor) in blender; process until smooth. Fill each glass with 1/2 cup ice( or watermelon cubes). Add 1/2 cup margarita to each. Garnish with lime wedges or diced watermelon, if desired.

I used watermelon ice cubes here in place of the crushed iced. I think it adds more flavor and when your drink starts melting you are just upping the flavor profile instead of diluting it. To do this add chunks of watermelon to a food processor with some sugar (I used Truvia) and blend until smooth. Add this to ice cube trays and freeze overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment