Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

So, Maybe, Caaaaaragh's Cupcakes??

I'm blogging when I should be writing a paper. Yesterday I went to a Red Sox game instead of writing a paper. Tonight I will be baking instead of writing a paper. I am considering skipping the beach tomorrow and actually writing my paper (sorry Verna). Chances are that I will be sunning myself tomorrow instead of writing a paper. Oh well, at least I'm writing, right?



I love going to Fenway. I love to hear Boston accents. I love Boston. I love the sausage and peppers and fresh squeezed lemonade. I love wooden seats that were built in 1911. I love hearing someone say "get your peanuts". I love little kids smiling ear to ear while they watch there favorite baseball team for the first time. I love the seventh inning stretch and Sweet Caroline, so good, so good..... Lets face it though, I love the sausage and peppers.



So do they...
Erica loves the popcorn tho......


Usually I go to Fenway with Brian and Kate. They have a special eating routine. It Always involves a sausage for Brian and a hot dog for Kate.(Brian would love this sausage comment) I go back and forth between team hot dog and team sausage. There is one spot on the eating routine that never deviates and that is Little Steve's. It's a pizza joint on the way back to the parking garage. They have giant slices of all varieties. My choice is three cheese. Mozzarella, feta, and ricotta. It is delicious. It has giant fluffy ricotta pillows and little melty, salty, feta bites throughout. If you are in Boston you should definitely check it out.

This time I wooed them into checking out a cupcake shop that I had seen on Food Network, Kick*ss Cupcakes. The GPS showed it was only four miles away from the garage so we took a trip. Well, four miles in Boston traffic at 5PM is a good hour. This is what happens when you deviate from the food routine. We finally made it to the store and I was more then happy to try out these cupcakes.

Being the food monster that I am I had already checked out the menu online and knew exactly what I would be ordering. I ordered an assortment, cookie dough, fluffernutter, pink lemonade, creme brulee, green monster, cinnamon chai pecan sticky, and of course vanilla and chocolate. They were delicious. I loved the creme brulee. Sometimes it is difficult to get the flavor of another dessert into a cupcake or cookie but they did an amazing job with this. It had that burnt sugar flavor, and the filling was also creamy and smooth. They really got it right with this one. They also had a green monster cupcake,  chocolate cupcake with a beer ganache center topped with Sam Adams Cream Stout frosting and cocoa nibs. I am not a beer fan but this was pretty good.
They even have "pupcakes", of course I got one for Chunk.

He LOVED it!

He was pretty sad when he found out I only got him one.


You can check out Kick*ss Cupcakes on the web http://www.kickasscupcakes.com/ .


This place has great cupcakes. After eating two, OK, three, I realized something, I make great cupcakes. Why am I not selling my cupcakes at $3 a pop? So, maybe, Caaaaragh's Cuuuupcakes will be opening in a town near you???????

1 comment: